Image Map

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Owens eating habits

If you know me in the real world, you know about my love affair for tacos. It is a sickness I am sure! I can put away like 7 tacos in 1 meal, and be just as excited to eat them again for the next meal. Probably one of the saddest part of my pregnancy with Owen (well I mean besides the terrible sickness, multiple hospital trips, and scary times) was that I absolutely could not eat mexican food. I will spare you the gory details, but one time when I had lunch with my friend Laura, I had to rush home because it did not agree with me, and it caused me to have ridiculous contractions at about 26 weeks. Prior to that, the thought of tomatoes or cheese made me so nauseous that I could not even think about tacos.

So once I had Owen, I started eating tacos again right away. I never really watched what I ate while breastfeeding like some people do (except alcohol of course).  I know some refrain from eating strong flavors such as garlic and onions, but I figured I was going to be cooking him food with garlic and onions soon, why refrain from him eating it during nursing?
I am so glad I did! Because now my little guy is quite the mexican food fan, tacos, enchiladas, flautas, quesadillas. You name it, he loves it!
For lunch today I had my 12th-16th tacos of the week, and I made Owen a chicken taco quesadilla. As you can see in the photos below, he also likes “fixins”. Y’all, my kid loves guacamole!!!!! And taco sauce!!!! (mild of course). He loves to dip his quesadilla in his “fixins” and proceeds to say “Yum!!! Mmmmm” when eating.

 IMG_5360
IMG_5361
Truthfully, who can blame him. Taco fixins are one of my favorite things too!
IMG_5368 IMG_5369
I am so proud that my guy loves the same foods as me. Makes lunch time more fun!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Luis, Carmine and me LOVE Mexican too. Have you tried 2x tacos? (softshell,melted cheese wrapped around a hard shell....mmmm) You made me so hungry for tacos now

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Oh YUM! When I went into labor with my oldest, I had just finished a lunch of super spicy Korean noodles.

And yet none of my kids like spicy. Go figure.