Image Map

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home Ec!

I am stuck in that Mommy rut! Moms, you know what I am talking about. The rut where you feel like all you ever do is cook, clean, laundry, take care of a little persons bodily fluids. Yup. That rut.

So when Gussy mentioned an online sewing class called Home Ec, I was all over it. I have had a sewing machine for several years and much to Johns dismay, I have only used it a few times.

So I immediately signed up for the class. Here is the link to the information -->HERE<--. You can still sign up through Sunday, and the class will be live online for a whole year!!! That means you can do it at your own pace. At the end, you should be able to make a duvet cover!!!! I am so excited to get started. Just last night i watched a tutorial on how to use your sewing machine, and I realized I have been threading my machine wrong (duh)!

Today, for motivation, I went out (with coupons) and got some fabric to motivate me to be really excited about the class!

Here are some of the larger pieces of fabric

IMG_5391-u

 

And then the smaller, 18x21 pieces I got..

IMG_5392-u

 

 IMG_5394-u

  IMG_5399-u copy

 IMG_5404-u

And these 3, well I got them specifically to make something for my best friend Erin. These SCREAM her name!!!

 IMG_5407-u

I absolutely can not wait to start the class and make beautiful projects!!!!

 IMG_5415-u

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Ooooooo...love the fabrics! Don't you want to make the Tracy's a new duvet cover since Nicole desperately wants one? Haha, kidding.
Good luck with your projects. If I had a sewing machine I would consider joining. What great Christmas gifts you can make!

Monica B said...

Sounds like tons of fun Amy! Let me know how it goes! I need to start using my machine more too!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I just finished a king sized duvet cover that I made the pattern for...so I need some time off from my sewing machine. But I was looking at the website and it looks like a great mix of projects if you're not that used to your own machine and don't have a ton of experience sewing! I hope you love it and become attached to your machine. It can help with the mommy rut from time to time!

Leslie said...

I thought you were making me a bag??? haha j*k

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I ADORE your fabric choices!