Image Map

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"And she's back in the game"

Welcome to the new Amy’s Avenue Blog! 

I took a blogging hiatus for about 18 months when a huge change of life happened for me. For a while I was not quite sure how to address what was new and happening in my life. For a long time I felt like I had failed at the life that I had. Only now, through 18 months of prayer and reflection, do I see that the life that I had was not the life that I wanted. On the outside it looked pretty perfect. However, I was not being true to myself and true to the woman that God intended for me to be. 

When we mold ourselves into someone that we are not we may look fine from the outside. However, we have to deal with the consequences of not being true to ourselves. For me, one of those consequences was a divorce. While the end of my marriage was in no way entirely my fault, I do take ownership for my role. I do not plan to go in to a lot of great detail about this, but it has shaped the woman that I am today. 

One huge thing that has changed for me in the last 18 months is gratitude. I did not have proper gratitude in my life. I choose to take a victim mentality a lot of the time which is a very sad place to be. I did not take gratitude in the things that I had, but only chose to be upset about my difficult childhood and circumstances that were not making me happy. Without gratitude, there is no joy. 

Today, I can honestly say that I am grateful for the struggles in my life. A year ago I do not think I could have said that. The hard times have only made me stronger and have made me a better person. I know that I am a work in progress, but as long as I keep doing the next right thing, all will be well. 

I plan to share some of my more difficult moments on this blog, in time, with the hopes that they can help others. I believe that God gives each experiences to build us and grow us stronger; so that we may use those tolls one day for the greater good. Today, I can honestly say I have gratitude in that! 






38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you are back! <3

Amy's Avenue Blog! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love this a million times over!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Keep it up lovie! Miss ya, you are the bomb

Unknown said...

Keep it up lovie! Miss ya, you are the bomb

Unknown said...

You are an amazing and strong woman! <3

Unknown said...

You are a wonderful person and help me so much. I cannot wait to read more from you.

Annie said...

This makes my heart so happy for you. Keep at it!

Erika N. said...

I'm so excited to be able to read what's on your mind! Love love love ya girl!

Unknown said...

Love you Amy.

Unknown said...

I've never read a blog before. Pretty sweet. I hope I run into you sometime soon

Unknown said...

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13

AMY K. said...

First, let me say that you're an inspiration to a lot of women out there, me being one of them. Second, the fact that I really know you, and love you, speaks volumes for the type of woman you are...strong, courageous, honest, and incredibly humble. I can't wait to be able to follow you on your journey.

Walt Latham said...

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult times. Nothing lasts forever, be they good times or bad. However, an attitude of gratitude and being contentment can make things seem more bearable.

Unknown said...

love this. keep it up. I can't wait to read your next post. it also makes me want to start up my own blog, again. <3 you.

Anonymous said...

Amy, there will always be struggles in our lives and how we move forward from them can transform us into who we are truly supposed to be. I am happy to see that you are moving forward in a positive light that can only come from Jesus. You are a wonderful woman with a lot of depth and experience that can lead others during their transformations as well. I look forward to reading your blog more currently again :) Many blessings. Love Leslie

Mary said...

Welcome back :) My favorite quote right now is "do the next right thing". I've been struggling a bit in my recovery the past few weeks so it's been a big one for me recently. So it made me smile to see it in your post. I don't know most of what's been going on with you, and I'm sorry I'm not better at keeping in touch, but I'm proud of you. I've always known you were an amazing person. You brought such happiness to my life many years ago and I just know you are going to touch many lives with your story.

Angie said...

I'm glad you are back! You are so right. Our struggles make us who we are. We can choose to become stronger because of them or we can let them take over. You are an amazing person and I am glad that you are finding joy despite the struggles!

Taylor said...

You are such a beautiful person, inside and out! I look forward to reading more.

Sarah said...

You are so positive! You find light even when crossing dark places. I miss you! Hugs.

Ashley said...

Welcome back! I'm SO glad you are doing well, and in a better place- not just physically :o). I miss you and your sweet smile friend!

Ashley said...

Welcome back! I'm SO glad you are doing well, and in a better place- not just physically :o). I miss you and your sweet smile friend!

Shannon said...

Amy-I love reading your blog. I can relate to you on so many levels and I look forward to checking in here especially when I'm feeling down. You've always been an inspiration to me, ever since I met you. So, this is just a beautiful way for me to catch that amazing spirit through distance. Thanks for being so honest and open. You'll be a huge inspiration to all who reads!

Sarah Putnam said...

Yes welcome back! I'm so glad you are being open about your struggles because we all have them. It will definitely help someone else. This world is a tough broken place and praise the Lord, it is not our home forever, like heaven will be when we believe in Christ. I'm excited to hear more about your thoughts and growth. Love you even though I know we were only physically in the same town for a few months. I hope to see you again one day!

Julie D. said...

It's wonderful to see a new post from you. I'm so proud of the woman you are. So blessed to know you. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for more new posts! :)

Dawnm723 said...

I had no idea you were going through so much I am sorry. You have the right attitude and mind set and that's all that matter. You are going places sweet. So glad you are back to blogging! Can't wait to read more!

Amber Updike said...

Such a great read!! It's a good reminder that our struggles help shape us to who we are but do not have to define us.

Anonymous said...

Awesome read!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

You are a great person, inside and out! Staying positive is the best thing we can do! Cannot wait to read more of your blogs!

Anonymous said...

Authenticity and gratitude-- what beautiful, crucial concepts! :)
Can't wait to read more, Amy. <3

Unknown said...

Excited to read more from you Amy!

Lisa K said...

SO proud of you, lady! God is working in your life in amazing ways. LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Amy, thanks for sharing!! I love staying connected and getting to hear how you and the boys are doing!

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're back

sachin sinhmar said...

hindi song lyrics

sachin.ogeninfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Website Designing Company in Delhi said...

Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. Nice! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing.

Teena Aggarwal said...

iso certification in noida
Halal Certification in Delhi
haccp certification in delhi