Image Map

Monday, July 19, 2010

A few pictures from Alaska

I have been working on editing some of our Alaska photos, but I never seem to get enough done to post them! I think I will wait and do a BIG blog post on our actual anniversary, August 19th, but here are a few shots!
We spent a day docked in Skagway Alaska. We decided to rent a car and drive up into British Columbia, Canada and through some of Yukon, Canada. WOW! What a beautiful country.
We drove up the mountain from where the boat had docked and spent some time chatting with a few people who were also enjoying the scenery. They offered to take our photo. We had no idea at the time, but they perfectly got our ship in the background!
IMG_4882

There were a bunch of waterfalls around, and John kept saying he wanted to take a little drink! So we finally stopped so he could! It sure was cold!
  Johnwaterfall-2
Johnwaterfall-1
 Amywaterfall1  
Welcome to Yukon!
IMG_4962
It was sort of a cloudy day so the sky was grey, but the water was the most amazing shade of greenish/blue I have ever seen!
IMG_4927
 IMG_4930
We drove up into Carcross (like Caribou Cross.. ) which was the cutest little town situated at the bottom of beautiful mountains.
IMG_4955
 IMG_4958
  One of the excursions that the ship offered was a train ride up the WhiteHorse Pass.
IMG_4867
IMG_4869
 IMG_4868
We decided not to go on the train ourselves, but we  got some great pictures of the tracks. The road we drove up was parallel to the train tracks for most of the way. 
 IMG_4974
 IMG_4975
 IMG_4976
  My absolutely favorite photo of the entire time we were in Alaska is this!
IMG_4921
It just shows how incredibly beautiful the land is there. I do not think I have ever been more in awe of the beauty that mountains and water have to offer. I would move there right now in a second!
We took about 600-700 photos of our time in Alaska. I look forward to sharing them all with you guys!

6 comments:

Monica said...

Great pictures Amy! Thanks for sharing. What camera do you use??

Our Love Our Life said...

i wanna see more!! Wow it is amazing!!!

Tethered Mommy said...

Wow, that road looks a little scary. But thanks for sharing the pics - it looks gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy@Salotti Family Blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

Wow, great pics. Looks like you guys had fun!
...I too need some instruction on how to use our camera. I might as well just have a disposable, because I definitely don't take advantage of the different settings!

Christina and Varun said...

Awesome pictures Amy! It looks like you had a great time. I'm so glad you guys were able to recover all of your pictures. What an amazing trip!