Image Map

Saturday, July 31, 2010

29 on the 29th!

Thursday was my “Golden” Birthday! 29 on the 29th! I remember when my sister turned 29, it was the year that we went to Miami for Spring Break. I thought she was so much older and so much wiser than me (we are 9 years apart). Not only do I  not feel old, but i do not feel as wise and mature as I thought she was. I also do not “look” old! People are always amazed at how old I say I am. My telephone voice is not any better- high pitched like a teen.

On the morning of my birthday, Owen decided to wake me up at 5:15am, just like he had done the previous 4 days (and has continued to do). I have no idea what is up with him. I guess he wanted to tell me happy birthday early? At about 7:15 John came downstairs and asked if I wanted my presents. I said of course! He told me to go upstairs to grab my camera and then come down.

This is what was waiting for me on my camera!

image

a BEAUTIFUL camera strap! I have been wanting one for a while!

I came downstairs, thanked John, and this was what was waiting for me..

image

A big ole present, and yummy maple nut goodies (my favorite)

image

 image

The  present was a bread maker- something i have been wanting for a LONG time! And John got me above and beyond the one I have been asking for. I am so excited about all of the possibilities!

image

I made the most delicious loaf of french bread for dinner. It was perfectly crusty on the outside and so soft on the inside. I think I will be making this often!

 IMG_5309 copy

It went beautifully with the homemade baked ravioli with 4 cheese sauce and asparagus. It was the perfect birthday meal!

IMG_5316 copy

My best friend Erin ALSO  got me a beautiful camera strap. I love both of the straps and I can not wait to use them interchangeably!

 IMG_5280 copy

 IMG_5282 copy

 IMG_5284 copy 

 

The straps were both purchased from the etsy shop Shoot in style. She is currently closed for vacation, but I will link to her once she reopens!

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday very special!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Im so happy your birthday was happy :) And next time i come i want some bread! and scones all looked so yummy

Emily @ Baby Dickey said...

Thanks for participating in More Followers Monday! Sorry I'm a bit slow at getting over here and following back, but I am now! :)

Nicole said...

Happy 29th Amy! Sounds like you had a great birthday! Hope to see you soon...maybe we can have a "moms night out" and celebrate?

Christina and Varun said...

Sounds like a great birthday Amy! The bread maker and the dinner look awesome!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a happy birthday. My birthday is also the 29th but I turned 40 this year. Sounds like you had a nice day.

Susie Haynes said...

I LOVE the camera straps!! I didn't know such a thing existed! I'm afraid I might have to copycat, they're so awesome!