Image Map

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Such a great time in VA!

Owen and I are still spending time in Virginia- and it has been GREAT! We have spent a ton of time with family and friends! Yesterday we went to the pool with my best friend from high school and her twin little girls. How we did not get a picture is beyond me! I had not see Manda for probably 9 years. We lost touch in college which is so unfortunate. Manda was a huge support system for me when my mother passed away in 10th grade. I honestly do not think i could have gotten through that time without her! I am so excited we have rekindled our friendship!

We have spent a ton of time with my grandmother too which is just amazing. I love hearing her stories about Amy as a little kid. I am told Owen's personality is much like I was as a child. Sweet and engaging! I LOVE THAT!

We also have plans to hook up with several other friends and family members in the next few days. This is so energizing! I am very thankful for the great support system I have while John is away.

Not to mention.... I am so proud of my husband. He has been doing some pretty awesome things on his deployment and I could not be more proud of him. I am so thankful for his service to this country. I miss him like you would not imagine, but i know he is really making a difference- that helps!

No comments: