Image Map

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Honestly, what kind of blogger…

do I truly want to be? That is what I am struggling with right now.

When I began this blog it was to keep our family updated on the progress of being pregnant with my little Owen. I posted about doctors appointments, tests, his size, my 14 ultrasounds (no joke), my thinking i was about to miscarry, the state of my belly button while pregnant, etc.

Since having Owen it evolved into updated photos of our little man growing up (did I mention we are a military family with most of our extended familiy living at least 300 miles away?), fun photos from out weekends, and updates on Owens growth.

Then I started more blogging about meal planning, life, thoughts, hopes, etc.

But I have been holding back SO MUCH, and I just do not know if I am ready to take the plunge into full fledged honesty on my blog.

I could talk about my daddy issues and the fact i just decided he will never be a part of my life- but is that over sharing?

I could blog about how even though I love my husband with all that is in me, sometimes he drives me absolutely nuts and i want to put him in time out?

I could blog about how this year has been so difficult physically, mentally, emotionally, etc, but that might be too much.

I just do not know how to decide what kind of blogger I want to be. I have so many thoughts and feelings, I just do not know if I am ready to take the plunge!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

admitting you have a problem is the first step! lol Just kidding Amy. But on a serious note I think you should blog about whatever you feel is right at the time. Overshare or undershare whatever feels right. Love ya!

Nicole said...

We will read, lend an ear, answer questions, laugh with you, cry with you and give and take advice. So share away! It's your blog, do what you need to do!
BUT, at least give us a weekly pic and update on your beautiful little boy :)

Micayla said...

I feel the same way with my blog too! So many times I start writing out a blog and then deleting it cause I'm not sure I want to share personal things, or whine and complain a lot, or focus on writing about Ryleigh

Anonymous said...

I must announce, appreciate your posting this kind of valuable post. We learned a lot. Many thanks

Unknown said...

I love the part about putting John in Time out. I feel the same way about Dave on occasion.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Gia said...

I feel the same way with my blog... never know what to share/ not share. It does feel good to just put some things out there, though!
ps- found you on Mil Spouse blog!