Image Map

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Aloha Zoo

About 15 minutes away from us is an amazing Zoo called Aloha Safari Zoo. This is such a hidden charm in our little town. On Saturday we decided to make a visit and we are so glad that we did! Now here is a little known fact about me- I am TERRIFIED of horses. I have no idea why. I guess it is the fact that they can crush you with their HUGE feet? Or their mouth is a death trap. This could all go back to 4th grade when one of my classmates came to school all bandaged up because her horse had bit her hand pretty badly. I had to take notes for her for weeks! Regardless, I am afraid of horses.  

But not this horse, this was the nicest horse EVER!!!

 IMG_5673

He was so soft and so gentle.

IMG_5674

He was so calm and so sweet to Owen.

 IMG_5675

I even got right up to him and let him lick Owens shoe and then his leg- big steps for me!

IMG_5742

Then there was this horse. By far the largest I have ever seen. And well, I kept my distance from him!

IMG_5677

IMG_5732

The zoo was so much fun though. With tons of animals to look at and to touch.

 IMG_5679

 IMG_5681

 IMG_5685

Even a white tiger!

 IMG_5689

 IMG_5695

 

The Zoo also offers a safari ride that offers views of :

Watusi cattle, known for their horns that can grow up to six feet in length, Asian water buffalo, nilgai antelope, dromedary camels, ostriches, emus, zebras, Jacob sheet that are multi-horned, pot bellied pigs, a zorse (offspring of zebra and a horse), porcupines and more!

IMG_5702

 IMG_5706

 IMG_5713

 IMG_5722

One of these camels, I think the one on the right, is the new mascot for Campbell University! You can even see him at games!

IMG_5723 

My favorite was probably this adorable cow. She was so sweet and gentle. Owen just loved petting her and saying MoooooMoooo! IMG_5733

 IMG_5734

 IMG_5736

This was such a fun family outing. We definitely plan on going back soon! 

No comments: