Image Map

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Haircut

On Sunday I decided to cut Owens out of control hair! Since about January he has been growing little curls, and they were beginning to look a little ratty. Each day he would wake up with a rats nest looking head of hair. So in the interest of not spending  $30 at the children's hair cut place, i figured I would cut it myself. Since he has curly hair, for now, it does not have to be 100% perfect!

This is Owen pre haircut!

IMG_5321 copy

 

 IMG_5322 copy

Wetting down the curls!

 IMG_5323 copy

My favorite picture of the day- he looks like he is saying “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, MOM???”

IMG_5325 copy

 IMG_5329 copy

 IMG_5336 copy

 IMG_5338 copy

 

All done!

IMG_5345 copy

 IMG_5346 copy

 IMG_5347 copy

I’m not sure what I will do with the hair that I saved… put it in his baby book I guess??

Cutting his hair was another reminder that my baby boy is growing up. I am so proud of him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I've been cutting Jack's hair since he was about 9 months...he got a buzz cut this summer and I couldn't believe how much older it makes them look!

Oh...and the hair...when my dad was cleaning up the house after my mom passed away, he found my old baby book. My mother had saved 7 envelopes of little inches of my hair since she started trimming it when I was little. It was cool to see how the color changed over the years. She labeled it with dates...and on one it was like 5 inches and she wrote "the day she made me cry" on it....it's funny because my mom was so careful about keeping all the little memories and so sad about me growing up and changing, I've found that I don't do things like that with my kids. I should at least have baby books, but I don't :( Cest la vie ...

Monica B said...

So CUTE! Abbie needs a haircut, but I'm afraid to cut her hair. You did a great job though!!

Unknown said...

Hi Luvbug,
What a brave, handsome big boy you are! I miss my early morning snuggles, smashing anthills, climbing on construction vehicles and running through sprinklers with you. Don't grow up too fast. I love you lots and lots! Mommom

Amy, I loved the way he just settled in and accepted the inevitable once you assured him you knew what you were doing. Such great pics - no words needed. Thanks for being such a super special mom to that super special little man.
Love you - J