Image Map

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers everyone! Owen is feeling much better! His fever has been a bit up and down, but Tylenol suppositories seem to be finally doing the trick. He still will only eat cheese, so random, but is drinking water really well so I am not worried about him too much!

Yesterday we did have a major drama at our house though… Major. Owen CLIMBED OUT OF HIS CRIB!

OH MY GOSH!

I was not ready for this. So we took our his bumpers, against my better judgment, and took off the wrapping around the top of the crib (used because he turned into a beaver), and put him to bed.

At 1230am we woke up to him SCREAMING terribly, so we ran in, and the poor thing had gotten his foot stuck between the slats, and could not get it out. It even took a little bit for John to get it out!!! For those of you who do not know, Owen has VERY large feet. He currently is in a size 6.5-7 shoe (which normally is the size for a 2.5-3 year old). So he got his big ole feet stuck in the slat. 

Needless to say, we promptly put the bumpers BACK on the bed, and are hoping he does not climb out again. I sort of think he used the wrapping on the top to climb out- but we will see. I plan to cover the floor beside the bed in as many comforters and sleeping bags as I can- incase he DOES climb out again.

I HOPE it was a 1 time fluke- because I do not think he is ready for a toddler bed. Or maybe Mommy just is not ready! 

No comments: