Image Map

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting myself ready

I am currently trying to mentally prepare myself for leaving Owen for 9 whole days. Last night John said that once we get on that plane there is no turning back; there will be no coming home 1/2 way through the trip. I of course in no way would back out of this- not even at this point! We have spent way too much money on the trip. But I do doubt if I am ready or not for this.

Last night Owen was being kind of fussy at dinner time. So we let him down from his high chair and John went to play with him while I cleaned up the kitchen. Owen had other ideas and proceeded to throw himself down on the ground crying that pathetic cry that I think is meant to make mothers fall apart. He did not want John, he wanted his Mama and he was just falling apart since I was not right there with him.

This is really the first true separation anxiety I have seen from him. He is always fine with going to who ever is around. But I think the anxiety is starting to really kick in. We also had a neighbor come to watch him Friday night so we could attend a squadron event. Owen did well, but the next morning he woke up at 5:30 and has been on a weird sleep schedule ever since. I am wondering if it is due to us not being home the night before.. could that have really messed him up?

Why does this have to be happening now? Right before we leave him for over a week? Eh!

I know that this trip will be so much fun. John and I have had a pretty stressful 4 years with moving so many times (6 real times since we got married), pilot training, a rough pregnancy, a new baby in a new town, and our first deployment. We definitely need time together to reconnect, read a book, eat as much as we want without having to worry about cleaning up the dishes, explore, and SLEEP! I just will be a nervous wreck while doing all of those things!

Does anyone have any tips on how to make the separation easier???? For both me and Owen...



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Take a deep breath and relax, he will be fine! It's always hard to leave your baby...believe me, I always feel guilty! But you have to take comfort in the fact that he will be in good hands with your family. It will be great, and you guys will have a wonderful time. You deserve it!

Kat said...

Quick goodbyes always help for us. but its never easy. Hope you have a good time. And btw, I love the new blog layout.

Our Love Our Life said...

Youll be fine hun. I thought the same thing (you know weve talked) but once i was gone and knew he was doing great all I did was talk to him before his bedtime and I was fine. Youll think of him alot im sure but you wont be freaking out. Enjoy your time with John. Call me when you get back to NC