Image Map

Monday, July 20, 2009

Owens weight

He went from 13.2lbs to 14.0lbs in 9 days. That is 14oz in 9 days. I am happy with that.

Each time they take his weight they look at it in lbs and then in kg’s (i have no idea why). Well i guess my doctor goes by kg’s because she came in and said “oh he only gained this many kg’s. That equals about 2oz in 9 days. And i said no he gained 14oz, and she said no, the kg to lb ratio… yada yada yada. So anyways, i think she was confused on how many oz he gained and she was still concerned. However, i know how much he gained and i am feeling really good about it!

She wants to see us back in 2 weeks which is fine. I am not concerned about his weight any longer. He went from the 3rd percentile when he was a baby to the 15th now. He is good to me!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I don't know about well child check ups, but I learned in the NICU that medical staff go by kilograms and grams as far as weight is concerned for medication purposes. I'm sure there are others, that's just the explanation we were given at the time.