Image Map

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2 month stats

We had Owens 2 month appointment today! Here are his stats

Weight- 9.9lbs (WOAH!! he gained 2lbs in 3 weeks)

Height- 21 inches

Head circumference = 38 cm's (edited to use the correct unit of measurement!) 

So he is in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference, and only in the 5th percentile for height. The doctor is not too concerned about the height yet, but it could be concerning later on. He said it could be just heredity (I am only 5’4 and John is 5’9. My mom was 5’1 {maybe} and I think my dad is pretty short too) or it could be a thyroid issue (i know my grandmother has thyroid issues) so we will see. John is convinced that the measurement was wrong because Owen was not cooperating very well with the measuring, so we will see what happens at his 4 month appointment.

He also had his shots today. I was pretty nervous but he took them like a champ. He cried of course (and had real tears come out, only the 2nd time that has ever happened!) but not for very long. He is currently asleep in his car seat so we will see how he is when he wakes up. I will take some photos of his cool band-aids too! He is stylin!  

In other news, Owen slept from 8pm until 5am when I woke him up this morning. He has NEVER slept THAT long! I woke up in a sore panic and fed him right away. Then he fell asleep for another hour. I think he was catching up on sleep because yesterday was ROUGH in our house. He just did not want to sleep at all for naps and he was kind of miserable.

Here is a preview of a picture that I am really excited about. My girlfriend is a photographer and she took some amazing shots for me. More to come later! :)

DSC_0045-1[1]

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Head circumference = 38 inches

Okay....I'm thinking your unit of measurement may be off?