Image Map

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thank you's!

Yesterday John and I got 4 (YES 4) packages in the mail!!! Things have been coming almost each day in the form of cards, clothes, etc. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!! We appreciate everything that you guys are doing for us! 


I am still so thrown off by the fact that Owen is so tiny! The preemie clothes that we have for him are all that fit right now. He was 5lbs 12 oz at his last appt. I can't wait to see what he is on Friday! Hopefully back up to 6.9- his birth weight. 

Right now we are waiting for his umbilical chord to fall off. Then we can give him a real bath- which is Mommy's favorite thing to do. I hope he likes it too. Last nights sponge bath went well- no screaming for once!! Then he peed all over himself and through the diaper about 45 minutes later. Oh well! :o) 

Also I wanted to say thank you to Johns mom, Jackie, who came out here to Little Rock 2 days after Owen was born. She had not planned on coming out this early but knew we would need assistance immediately so she made arrangements. She suffered through our lack of space and chaotic dogs for a week and was incredibly helpful! She even took the baby for me for several hours each night so that i could sleep! 

My sister is coming today-Sunday to help. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! 

Since we are just here on a temporary assignment, 1/2 of our things are in storage and we have a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. So our house guests do not have the best of accommodations- however, the couch is pretty comfortable. Just not good for anyone who has back problems! :o) 

Hopefully more family can come visit us once we are in North Carolina and much closer to VA and PA! We wish everyone could come out now, but with us being so far away and the couch accommodations, it just is not possible. 

Owen is doing well! He woke up 4 times last night so mommy is quite tired!!!! I can't believe ha will be 2 weeks old tomorrow!!!

Some fun milestones 
- Owen can already roll onto his sides. The doctor said this was quite advanced- he should not be doing this until 2 months! 
- he has incredible head control. he lifts it up and looks all around. I am always impressed with how strong his little neck is! 
- last night he did not scream while getting a sponge bath! yah
- his belly button has not yet fallen off
- it looks like his jaundice is clearing up. hopefully when we go to the doctor on Friday he will tell us he is all cleared up! 
- if his jaundice IS truly gone, then he definitely has Johns skin tone and not mine. he is more of a yellowish/tan right now- where as I am pink and fair. I hope he does have johns skin tone- i would love for him not to have to worry about getting sunburned all of the time. 
- he smiles occasionally. at this point it is just gas. but it is so cute/sweet! 
- he loves the car!!! he will sleep for hours in his car seat

I will try to post more photos soon. My new laptop (yah!) comes today so once i get all set up i will get myself organized and post some photos. It will be so nice to have my own computer again- I do not share well with John (probably because I was raised an only child!) 

No comments: