Image Map

Friday, March 20, 2009

3 week Owen

Owen is officially 3 weeks old (and by the time I am actually posting this, he is 3 weeks and 1 day old. It takes me quite a while to do tasks these days!) 


Owen is doing very well. He has been eating every 1-2 hours for the past couple of days, so I am exhausted, but it is working because he is officially above his birth weight! YAH! He is 6lbs 10oz as of this morning (he was 6.9 at birth). So the doctor is no longer concerned about him. We do not have to go back again until April for his 2 month check up/shots. 

Nursing him is getting better, though it is still challenging. The consultant said I was doing great and that he was a good eater, and that i was just too stressed about it. Hopefully now that the jaundice is gone and he is a good size I can relax about it all. I am sure me being uptight does not help at all. 

Here are some pictures from the past couple of days. We are definitely not as good as Michelle about taking photos of him!!!! I am trying to sleep as much as I can when he is sleeping especially since he is eating all the time and hardly sleeping at all! 

I am realizing that certain things I want to get done around the house just are not going to happen. My dishwasher is full, laundry needs to be done, i honestly have no idea where my cell phone or my glasses are, but that is ok. I am a mom now, and all that other stuff can just wait! :) 

Adorable LARGE toes! This is what was 
constantly in my ribs during the 
last few weeks of pregnancy! 
A fuzzy picture, but look how big his eyes are! 
Not so happy about posing for the camera! 
His first official tub bath! :) He did not mind it at all! 

Snuggle time with mom. This was 
after he ate 4 times in 3 hours. We were both EXHAUSTED! 

No comments: