Image Map

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Freezer Meals!

For the last few weeks I have been making freezer meals to prepare for when Owen is here! I LOVE DOING THIS!!! John and I actually have used a couple of the meals we prepared already so I had to make new ones to replace what we used. I have started making these little freezer kits that contain all of the ingredients needed for the meal. We can then just take the freezer bag out of the freezer a couple of days before we want to eat it so it can thaw out, and voila- we have all that we need! 


We get out meat and veggies mostly at the commisary so each of these "kits" are under $5!!! SUCH A BARGAIN!!! I just love how this makes for thoughtless meal planning. 













Tonight I made an especially good looking meal I have never made before... Baked Ziti! It made WAY more than I thought it would so we actually had enough to freeze two 8X8 pans, and we have one to give away to the Hobarts. Sarah is always bringing me yummy sweets, so I will provide her with a nice baked meal! :) 













Since I was making a beef meal, John decided to make up some burgers, one for tonight, and 3 for the freezer. Here is his beautiful creation... 














So far we have 23 freezer meals made. I have ingredients for one more, and then we are done! 

Here is our list!

  • Macaroni and Cheese
    1. to serve with steamed broccoli
  • Cheese Manicotti
    1. to serve with salad and bread
  • 3 Sirloin steaks for John
  • 1 Italian stromboli
  • 2 pieces of chicken in Montreal Steak seasoning
    1. with rice
    2. broccoli and cheese sauce
  • 2 pieces of chicken in Montreal Steak seasoning
    1. with rice
    2. green beans with mushrooms and garlic to saute
  • Turkey and Rice Soup
  • Turkey and Rice Soup
  • Turkey Tortilla Soup
  • Turkey Tortilla Soup
  • 2 pieces of chicken with Zesty Herb marinade
    1. with rice
    2. green peppers, onions and mushrooms to saute
  • 1 t-bone steak
    1. with green beans
    2. rice
  • Chili
  • Fajitas
    1. 1 piece chicken w/ seasoning
    2. 1 piece steak
    3. onions, red/green/yellow peppers
    4. 1 cup rice
    5. fajita seasoning
  • Tomato Garlic Basil Chicken
    1. 2 pieces chicken
    2. roasted tomatoes with garlic and onion
  • Peppercorn Garlic Chicken
    1. 2 pieces chicken
    2. rice
    3. broccoli
    4. corn
  • Hickory BBQ Chicken
    1. 2 pieces chicken
    2. rice
    3. green beans w/garlic
    4. corn
  • Chipotle Pepper Chicken
    1. 2 pieces chicken
    2. marinated peppers/onions
    3. corn
  • Two packs of ground beef
  • Two packs of Italian Sausage
  • 3 hamburgers (with montreal steak seasoning, bread crumbs, etc) 
  • 8X8 tin of Baked Ziti (with cheese on top) 
  • 8X8 tin of Baked Ziti (without cheese on top) 

  • Anyone want to come to our house for dinner? :) 

    5 comments:

    Melanie said...

    Holy crap! Way to go!! I'm so impressed

    skm22777 said...

    1. I cannot WAIT to eat the Salotti Ziti...I will never make Italian for you two, but I will always eat Italian made by the two professionals!
    2. When I open my own "Cookbook Photography" business, I'll hire you as a photographer!!

    skm22777 said...

    PS---Keith just brought it home, and we've decided to put it in the freezer (since it's a freezer meal) and eat it on Owen's birthday (since Owen's parents made it)!!!!!

    Wendy768 said...

    Oh my goodness...baked ziti is one of our favs, you are going to want to eat it all of the time once you start. The melty cheese...yum yum!!!! Hope all is well!! I also cannot believe you all have enough freezer space to accomodate all that! We recently bought a chest freezer because we were at capacity and now that is filled!!!

    The Maulsbys said...

    YOu go girl! Nicely done :)