Image Map

Monday, November 24, 2008

25 Weeks Pregnant


Apparantly Owen is the size of this cauliflower. I am not sure exactly how they establish this, but again, these fruits/veggies are REALLY SCARY!

I get emails each week from BabyCentre.com (Thanks for that tip Sarah Fiacco!) and it includes a little blurb about what is going on with both baby and momma. Here is a great photo that shows exactly what is going on inside of me right now...

"Your baby is responsive to touch now. You can have fun with him by trying to tickle his foot when he kicks you or by lying on your back and rolling from side to side, to see how he reacts. His eyelids open around now and his heart is beating so strongly, it may be heard with a stethoscope. The baby now weighs nearly 1.5 pounds/ 660 grams and is approximately 13.5 inches"

WOW! Owen is getting quite large!

On Saturday I felt his foot. Not just like feeling the normal kicks that are keeping me up all night, but I actually felt the formation of his foot on my belly. I could feel a heel and then toes. SO COOL!!!

I had a bit of a not so pregnancy related scare on Saturday night/sunday morning. John was getting out of bed to give Maggie some water. It was a total case of "wrong place at the wrong time". Somehow as he was shifting to get himself up, my arm was in the wrong place, and he ended up punching my arm REALLY REALLY HARD! It immediately started throbbing and it got very very swollen! John ran to get me ice and helped me get it wrapped up. This was at 11pm on Saturday night. By 7am sunday morning I was in so much pain we decided to go to the ER just to make sure it was not broken. I could not move my fingers or my arm very easily.

When I went to the Triage room to get my vitals taken, the nurse and I were cracking up because I said "I think my husband broke my arm". She said she was NOT going to write that on my chart because it would open a whole can of worms! haha. Then I got a nose bleed and John decided this did not look good for his case (he possibly broke his wifes arm, and she has a bloody nose! haha) --> disclaimer, no, i am not in an abusive relationship! It was just an unfortunate series of events! :)

So my arm is NOT broken, it is just bruised and puffy. THANKFULLY! I am not sure how I would deal with a broken arm right now! So for now I am just typing with my left hand, icing my arm, and trying to stay comfortable!


No comments: