Image Map

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

24 Weeks


Baby is now the size of an ear of corn! YIKES! I definitely feel him a ton. He moves and kicks all through the day and night. But i am not sure i feel a huge ear of corn worth of baby inside of me! (though, ask me at 3am and I may have a different feeling!)

"Your baby's face is basically complete now. The fetus's eyes are close together on the front of his face and they are still shut. Your baby's ears have moved into their final position on the sides of his head. Where they are now is where they will be when your baby is born! Hair will continue to grow on his scalp and his eyelashes are well developed. Most of your baby's features look the same as they will at birth. Because your growing baby is getting plumper, he no longer has room in your tummy to do cartwheels and somersaults. the unborn child is covered with a fine, downy hair called lanugo. Its tender skin is protected by a waxy substance called vernix. Some of this substance may still be on the child's skin at birth at which time it will be quickly absorbed. The child practices breathing by inhaling (up to a liter/day) amniotic fluid into developing lungs. "

I had my first doctors appointment here in Little Rock yesterday. I really like my new doctor. She is really soft spoken, but very nice! Also the hospital I will be delivering at is quite impressive. It is basically a metroplex of buildings and parking garages and such. It is quite nice! I plan on calling in a few weeks to get a tour of the Labor and Delivery Unit to take a tour.

My appointment went well. I am still under my prepregnancy weight, but it is coming back on. My uterus is measuring at a good spot. Mine is right under my ribs because it is growing up instead of out at this point, but that is nothing to worry about. (most women at this week have a uterus that is only a couple of inches above their belly button, but since my belly has not grown out too much it is growing up).

My belly definitely IS starting to grow out. It looks like i have a little basketball under my shirt. Ok maybe 1/2 a basketball. At Kinko's yesterday a really nice lady very hesitantly asked me if I was expecting. She said she could tell because I just have a little bump, and i am pretty small everywhere else. I was so excited she asked! She had a ton of questions as she is thinking about getting pregnant soon. I love talking about pregnancy with random people! I was so excited someone finally asked me! I always ask John if I look pregnant each day, or if I look like I have had too much chick-fil-a! He always says pregnant, but he isn't allowed to say I just look like i have a gut!

A couple of weeks ago i noticed my belly moving around constantly! I can see our little baby boy moving around from the outside! It is so weird and so cool all at the same time! He is really really really active!

We still have not settled on a name for our little corn cob. John alternates calling him Owen and Connor. We truly have no idea!

2 comments:

Chad and Jessica said...

sounds like you guys are doing great, that's so wonderful!

Katiellirb said...

Hi Amy -

I finally landed in the blogging world! Check it out: http://katiellirb.blogspot.com/

Will you guys be up in PA for the holidays? I'd love to meet up!