Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2008

A nice/much needed little slap in the face

Yesterday was a really really difficult day for me. I went to lunch with a girlfriend and soon after I got incredibly sick. I threw up several times in Target, in my driveway, and filled a trashcan with my stomach acid. To top it off I also started having Braxton Hicks contractions- which are not supposed to hurt, but mine really really did. I am sure that they started because of the trauma of all of the vomiting, but it was still really scary.

I am starting to get really down about this whole sickness/pregnancy. I have tried to hold a happy face about it all for the past 19 weeks, but I am afraid I may have reached my breaking point. I am just so nervous about how in the world I am going to make it another 21 weeks, while moving to Little Rock. I feel defeated because I can not do normal things that I want to be able to do. I can not heat, go shopping at Target which everyone knows is my favorite thing in the world, and I can hardly walk up/down my stairs. I also hate the fact that I can not work right now. I never thought I would have to go on disability while pregnant.

Here comes the slap in the face.

This morning I came across a very touching blog - http://sgirl79.blogspot.com
{Warning, if you click on this link it does show some graphic photos}
At 12 weeks the family of this child learned that he had many issues and that if he did make it full term, he would more than likely die shortly after birth. He was born last week and did pass away after being alive for only 16 minutes.

When I read something like this it really puts things into perspective for me. While I am not having the easiest pregnancy at all, it could be worse. It could be MUCH worse.Thankfully throughout this whole time even though I have been sick and miserable, my son seems to be JUST FINE!

Thank you God for providing me with a little perspective! :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Amy,

I am sorry you are having such a rough time being sick. Hopefully the next half of your pregnancy will get better for ya:)

Hang in there!

Chad and Jessica said...

It's great to hear that your little guy is doing well, and hopefully things will get better for you soon. Definitely keeping you in my prayers!

Maricel said...

I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't gotten any better for you! If you're still in CC, let me know if there's anything I can do to help out! Stay strong!

Monica said...

I wish you weren't having such a rough time and I keep praying that the next week will be your magic week when all your pregnancy problems disappear. God apparently knows you're one tough cookie and can handle all this! Hang in there!