Image Map

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

14 weeks and another ER trip



Your adorable little baby is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

Well our little baby is 14 weeks along! And I am still quite sick!!! On saturday I had to go to the ER for another spell of bleeding and really horrible cramping. I had my 6th ultrasound. Unfortunately the technician was less than social, and she never let me see the baby on the screen. But they tell me everything is just fine with the baby and my placenta previa just has not moved at all. It started bleeding again, same story.

I was told that if the bleeding happens after 20 weeks, I would be put on strict hospital bed rest. Lets all PRAY that does not happen.

So we are in Pennsylvania and I am trying to fill my lazy days with finding new fun recipes online, thinking about future meal planning, and trying to see some friends. I am still throwing up quite often, and it is getting more violent. I actually gave myself a bloody nose yesterday from it!!

We are just trusting in God that this baby will be fine, that I will be fine, and that in the end this will be 100% worth the sickness of the past few months! We know it will be! :)

In other news, we are thinking about going to Fayetteville this weekend. That is where we will be moving eventually for the military. John has a friend who owns a plane and has offered to go down with us. So depending on how I feel, we may get to see our future new town for a day!

1 comment:

Monica said...

That sounds like fun! Take pictures! I'm still praying for you! This wasn't our month either... So on to month 8. =(