Image Map

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tomorrow will be 12 weeks

I am told that magically at 12/13 weeks, I will start feeling better and I will begin to LOVE being pregnant. I am soooooooooo looking forward to when God decides to switch on that Easy Button! I am trying to focus on the positive and all of the amazing things happening in my body and with my baby. It is sometimes just hard to do that with my body leaning over a toilet! The good news is that last week when I went to the doctor, I had gained a pound. WOO-HOO! I never thought I would be so excited to gain weight! I am at least starting to put some of the pounds that I have lost back on. Pregnancy is not the time to lose weight at all.



Tomorrow our baby (not our fetus as the descriptions below always say) will officially be 12 weeks along. In some ways the time is just flying by!!!!

A random fact: each week our baby is compared to a piece of fruit. Then I spend that whole week wishing I could have a raspberry or perhaps a plum to eat. But that just seems weird. So I have never actually eaten the fruit that my baby is compared to. But I sure do crave it! :)



As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.

No comments: